Cygnus Teaching School Alliance (CTSA) provides a comprehensive Appropriate Body (AB) Service to schools and their primary and secondary Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) that goes beyond the minimum statutory requirements.
CTSA also offers an NQT Twilight CPD package for secondary NQTs. Schools can purchase either or both services according to their needs.
Why Choose Cygnus Appropriate Body Services?
Cygnus offers a comprehensive AB service to ensure NQTs and their schools are supported from the beginning of their induction, through to final assessment and certification from the Teaching Regulatory Authority (TRA).
- specialist advice and guidance on all matters relating to NQT induction
- training for Mentors and NQTs
- a ‘helpdesk' facility for enquiries
- regular newsletters and updates
- monitoring and tracking of progress
- Quality Assurance visits to ensure parity across schools.
Schools registering their NQTs with Cygnus will receive:
- access to an online system (NQT Manager) that allows Headteachers, Induction Co-ordinators, Mentors and NQTs to track and record NQTs’ progress and complete statutory assessments
- an Induction Handbook for NQTs and Mentors detailing the most up-to-date advice and guidance on the induction process and the statutory requirements
- access to resources including templates and self-review and evaluation materials
- telephone, email, and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for Headteachers, Induction Co-ordinators, Mentors and NQTs
- bespoke advice, support and guidance if NQTs experience difficulties.
The cost of the Cygnus Appropriate Body Service for 2020 - 2021 is £255 + VAT per NQT for NQTs working in state schools.
The Appropriate Body ensures that:
- Schools meet their responsibilities in respect of providing a suitable post for induction and that the monitoring, support, assessment and guidance procedures in place are fair and appropriate
- Where an NQT may be experiencing difficulties, action is taken to address areas of performance that require further development and support
- Where an institution is not fulfilling its responsibilities, contact is made with the institution to raise concerns
- NQT records and assessment reports are maintained
- Agreement is reached with the Headteacher and the NQT to determine where a reduced induction period may be appropriate
- A final decision is made on whether the NQT has met the relevant standards for satisfactorily completing induction or
- an extension is required because of extenuating circumstances and the relevant parties are notified
- The Teaching Regulation Agency is provided with details of NQTs who have started; completed (satisfactorily or not); require an extension; or left school partway through an induction period.
Enquiries and Booking
Booking forms are available here or contact us at: email@example.com / 01494 523961 for more information.
Click here to view our Registration Terms and Conditions.
NQT Twilight CPD Package
Cygnus provides an NQT Twilight CPD Package of six core sessions to support Secondary NQTs. This package offers exceptional professional development with sessions led by outstanding and experienced practitioners, and plenty of opportunity for networking and sharing good practice. The venue for this training will be Wycombe High School, in High Wycombe, close to local amenities, the M40, national rail and coach services, and offers free parking.
This programme will complement each school’s own bespoke, in-house NQT training.
We look forward to your NQTs enrolling on our programme and invite you, should you have more five or more NQTs in your school, to contact us to discuss a special discounted rate.
Click here to view our CPD programme.
The cost of NQT CPD is £250 per NQT + VAT for six core sessions related to the Early Career Framework. Special discounts may be available to schools with five or more NQTs.
Enquiries and Booking
Booking forms are available here, or contact us at: cygnustsa.co.uk / 01494 523961 for more information.