Cygnus Teaching School Alliance

Who's Who at Cygnus

A Teaching School is an outstanding school that works with others to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. They are part of the government’s plan to give schools a central role in raising standards by developing a self-improving and sustainable school-led system. The Cygnus Teaching School Alliance is is run by the following key team members.

IN THIS SECTION

Sharon Cromie

Lead Headteacher

Sharon Cromie is Executive Headteacher of Wycombe High School Academies Trust, with responsibility for an outstanding selective school and a fresh start academy that is moving from special measures to good. She has been using self-evaluation toolkits to bring about significant and sustained change in student outcomes in a variety of educational settings for over 12 years.  Sharon is also a trained Ofsted inspector.

Julia Brown

Maths Hub Lead

Julia is an outstanding Mathematics teacher with many years’ experience in a variety of schools working with students and teachers across the 11-18 age-range.  As a Head of Mathematics, her department was judged outstanding and exam results improved year on year under her leadership.  Julia’s current role is as Assistant Headteacher leads the Bucks, Berks and Oxon Maths Hub.  She has carried out subject reviews and supported the leadership of a Mathematics department of a school in special measures.  As an accredited National Centre for Excellence in Teaching Mathematics Professional Development Lead she has led courses within local schools and for other Professional Development Leads across our region.  She works closely with several national Mathematics organisations and currently chairs the Mathematical Association’s Professional Development Committee.

Elizabeth Mansir

Director of Professional Learning

Elizabeth is Director of Professional Learning at Wycombe High School and leads on School Direct for the Cygnus Teaching Alliance; we are known as the High Wycombe Partnership.

Sarah Yarwood

Teaching School Manager/Maths Hub Administrator

Sarah is the Teaching School Manager and Maths Hub Administrator.  She is the first point contact for SLE deployments.

Victoria Plunket

School Direct Administrator

Victoria is administrator to the High Wycombe Partnership School Direct programme. She deals with all course applications. 

TESTIMONIAL

Cygnus partner schools have established track records of delivering high quality professional development and training for current school practitioners.

Cygnus Teaching Alliance